Friday, April 13, 2007

National Registry


Aside from DTs National Registry woes, I don't have to jump through nearly as many hoops to get my certification. In fact, I don't have to jump through any at all. As a New York State provider, we are a "Non-Registry" state, which is great because it means my certification lasts for three years instead of two, and I don't have to deal with an external bureaucracy (NYS DOH is actually pretty good). Unfortunately, it also means that should I want to work in another state, I'm pretty much screwed. So I finally bit the bullet and (having done a recert class in the past year) decided to do the paperwork and pay the fees to get registered. Thus... today I had the fun (really!) experience of taking the computerized written exam, and hopefully, in a few days I'll know if I'll be allowed to prepend the letters "NR" to the front of my "EMT-B."

No comments: